Call For Speakers
We're planning a virtual panel discussion and are looking for a few writers to share their perspectives and process for creating written works that highlight their culture, language, and assimilation into American society.
If you think you'd be a great fit for this panel, please send over the following to email@example.com:
- A brief bio
- A good photo of yourself (800 x 800 px)
- 1-2 talking points that you'd hope to share with participants on how your culture influences your work and/or how you blend your heritage into your work and American society
We strongly encourage applications from writers of color or who are members of marginalized communities.
Wanna Join The Lucky Jefferson Squad?
Consider applying for the following:
Fall 2020 Literary Illustrator Internship
Literary Illustrator Interns receive hands-on practical experience in illustration for publishing, and working with published works for a small literary journal. Interns are encouraged to explore projects and illustrating different forms of writing creatively while approaching the conceptualization and art-making process with the tools gained in school.
Who we look for: High School, Undergraduate, or Graduate students who have a passion for writing, literature, and all things poetry; students who are interested in building their portfolio early on and want to learn how to create fun digital content from published works while exploring illustration in publishing.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Conceptualizing and creating illustrations using the medium of your choice (watercolor, animation, ink, etc.) to generate creative awareness about published works and education about Lucky Jefferson's mission and initiatives.
- Exploring typography, layout, pattern, and different methods of illustrating published works.
- Assisting with formulating creative concepts and direction for special publication projects.
What You'll Earn: College Credit
Internship Duration: 2-3 months
If This Is Your Dream: Please send a resume or Linkedin Profile, and a portfolio including at least 3 pieces of completed artwork (a link to your website is perfect too) that you are proud of sharing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take a tour of our website to make sure you are familiar with our work & can see yourself a part of it.
- Build a professional portfolio
- Learn about illustration in publishing
- Receive college credit + experience
Note this internship is REMOTE (meaning you can work from anywhere), but candidates in the Greater DC, MD, and VA area are encouraged to apply.