The Book Worm Bookstore and Lucky Jefferson are excited to collaborate with Shauna Robinson author of The Banned Bookshop of Maggie Banks, to produce a collection of reimagined scenes from classic literature with Georgia writers.
Selected writers will be featured in a print and digital publication, available for sale exclusively at The Book Worm Bookstore.
How to Submit
We invite you to use this curated list to begin your submission:
1. The Banned Bookshop of Maggie Banks, by Shauna Robinson
2. Charlotte’s Web, by E. B. White
3. The Wizard of Oz, by L. Frank Baum
4. Peter Pan, by J. M. Barrie.
5. Old Man & The Sea, by Ernest Hemingway
6. Dracula, by Bram Stoker
7. Death & The King’s Horseman, by Wole Soyinka
8. Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Brontë
9. Ethan Frome, by Edith Wharton
10. The Street, by Ann Petry
No Fear Submission Guide
• Georgia residents, and participants of Shauna Robinson’s workshop, are all welcome to submit.
• Send your five best poems (per submission). Separate poems by titles or page breaks.
• Flash Fiction, Nonfiction, Creative Nonfiction, etc., should not exceed more than 1500 words (or no more than 2 pages).
• You will be asked to share your name, email address, current mailing address, and a short bio (third-person, 50 words max) in the submission form.
• Simultaneous submissions are discouraged.
• Sorry, no translations or work previously published digitally or in print.
We will not tolerate any work that promotes harmful stereotypes and perspectives including: racism, bigotry, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, islamophobia, xenophobia, antisemitism, ableism.
We also kindly request that you refrain from sending us any sexually explicit pieces, or works highlighting extreme violence.
Lucky Jefferson and The Book Worm Bookstore are women and minority-led and welcome all to share their words with us.
Black, Indigenous, LGBTQ+, and people of color-identifying writers are encouraged to submit as we continue to prioritize these communities in our ongoing work.
We ask for exclusive first worldwide print and electronic rights for up to three months from the date of publication and non-exclusive rights to include published works in our archive indefinitely.
Basically, we’d like to be the first to publish your submission and after three months, you’re free to redistribute it how you’d like. Nevertheless, it’ll be a part of our collection forever.
Once You’re Accepted
Accepted authors: will receive one complimentary copy of the issue. The book will also be available digitally.
All accepted authors (print and digital): will be eligible for social media press.
If your work is forthcoming in a manuscript, or published somewhere else (online or print) after publication in Lucky Jefferson, you agree to give credit to your family at Lucky Jefferson and The Book Worm Bookstore.
If your work does not find a home in this special publication, we ask that you wait 3 months before submitting new work to us. Spam submissions will not be tolerated.
Submissions Open: February 1, 2023 – April 30, 2023
Accepted Writers Announced: Summer 2023
Learn more about The Book Worm Book Store here. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org