With support from the City of Beaverton Arts Program, Lucky Jefferson is collecting submissions from Beaverton, Oregon residents (and other neighboring Oregon residents or visitors to Beaverton), that highlight the uniqueness of the Beaverton community!
Help us celebrate Beaverton through stimulating conversations around local businesses, landmarks, art, and other subjects critical to the development of the community, history, and shifting diversity of residents.
Included submissions will be compiled to produce a print and digital community anthology.
All forms of poetry, flash fiction, creative nonfiction, art and other experimental genres will be accepted.
Katherine Quevedo, a Beaverton, Oregon native, joins this issue as Guest Editor. Learn more about her at katherinequevedo.com.
Submit your best by April 30, 2023.
Use the list of businesses and landmarks below to deepen your connection with Oregon, fall in love with Beaverton, or discover something new about the place you call home.
- Beaverton Farmers Market
- Art Walk
- Tualatin Hills Nature Park, Cooper Mountain Nature Park, and Greenwood Park
- Beaverton Wine Trail
- Willamette Stone Heritage Site
- The Jenkins Estate
- The Patricia Reser Center for the Arts
- Beaverton City Library
- Beaverton Night Market
- Farmington Gardens
- Singing Sky – 12500 SW 4th St, Beaverton, OR 97005
- Icarus at Kittyhawk – Beaverton Central Station
- Insignia – 6125 SW Hall Blvd, Beaverton, OR 97008
- BG’s Food Cartel
- Ex Novo Brewing
- Big’s Chicken
- Ava Roasteria
- Powell’s Books (at Cedar Hills Crossing)
- Jan’s Paperbacks
- Clockwork Rose Tea Emporium
- Eleni’s Kitchen
- Abbey Creek Winery
- Mamancy Tea Co.
- Jelana’s Bake Shop
- Nak Won
- Tous les Jour
- Oyatsupan Bakers
- Gloria’s Secret Cafe
- Ome Calli
- El Jefe